Becoming A New 4-H Volunteer
Adults interested in becoming a NEW volunteer with the Crawford County 4-H program must complete several steps. These steps do not need to be done in sequence, but must all be completed before an adult begins working with youth in our county.
After we have received your volunteer application back, we will:
- Schedule an interview & annual training
- Provide you a form to complete an Ohio BCI / Background check. THIS MUST BE COMPLETED WITHIN 1 MONTH OF TURNING IN YOUR VOLUNTEER APPLICATION.
Volunteer Forms & Information
If you, or a participant you are working with, have a disability and have questions about accessibility or wish to request accommodations please contact Allison Cooper County Educator/ firstname.lastname@example.org
- Crawford County 4-H Club End of the Year Review- Due Annually (replaced Community Service & Volunteer Hour Reports)
- Club of Distinction - Due September 1st - Optional -
- 4-H Officer Books are due September 1st
- 4-H Family Guide
2022 Volunteer Trainings
As a reminder, all 4-H Volunteers are required to attend one mandatory training each year. Training dates for 2022 4-H year are listed below. If you have any new advisors to your club, they will set up their training alongside their volunteer interview when they turn in their new volunteer application.
- Virtual Options (held via Zoom)
- Sunday, February 6th a 7 p.m.
- Thursday, February 24th at 8 p.m.
- Meeting ID: 988 6536 7317/ Password: 180262
- In-Person Options
- Tuesday, February 1st at 6 p.m. – C.C. Engineers Office Conference Room
- Monday, February 14th at 7 p.m. – C.C. Engineers Office Conference Room
- Thursday, February 24th at 11:30 a.m. – Courthouse, Lower-Level Conference Room
Club Finances and Tax Exemption Information
- Requesting EIN Number
- 4-H Group Tax Exemption Authorization
- Annual Financial Summary - Due January 31 - email to Crawford4h@osu.edu
- Word Version on the Annual Financial Summary - Due January 31 (drop off / mail / email to: email@example.com)
- Club Fund Raising Guidelines
- Maintaining Tax Exempt Status
Club Managment Forms
- Club Constitution - Revised each year if necessary - Due April 15th (if revised)
- Club By-Laws - Template - Revised each year if necessary - Due April 15th (if revised)
- Charter Checklist - Due Annually by April 15th
- Equipment and Materials Inventory Sheet - Due Annually April 15th (if revised)
- Use of 4-H Name and Emblem
- Club Officer Resources
- Cross County Line Form
- Cross County Line State Policy
- Demonstration 101
- 40 Questions You Have Always Wanted to Know About 4-H
- Transporting youth